Here’s How To Nab Demi Lovato’s VMAs Look In 5 Easy Steps
Excuse my language, but Demi Lovato looked fierce AF at the 2017 VMAs. Unilever Celebrity Stylist Chris Marc is partially to blame for Lovato’s gorgeous blue carpet look at the MTV awards show.
“For Demi’s look tonight, I was inspired by YSL models in the 70s; lots of texture, volume and a middle part that can’t be beaten,” said Marc.
Here are five easy and affordable steps you can follow to nab her look, according to the renowned stylist.
1. To achieve these dreamy 70s curls, it’s so important to start with the proper base. Dove Style+Care Curls Defining Mousse ($4) nourished the hair but provided the hold I needed to build out the rest of the style. I applied a healthy dollop of this product and worked it throughout Demi’s hair, with special attention to the root, then proceeded to blow her hair out using my Harry Josh Pro Tools Dryer ($250).
2. Once hair was dry, I sprayed 2-inch sections of hair with Dove Style+Care Flexible Hold Hairspray ($4) and curled each section with my Harry Josh Pro Tools 2-in-1 1.24in Curling Iron ($185).
3. Next, I brushed her hair out for extra volume and parted it down the middle for a natural 70s vibe. I took Dove Absolute Curls Supreme Creme Serum ($6) and used it to boost shine and smooth any flyaways near the root while adding shine and definition to the curls.
4. When I was happy with the way the hair looked, I combined Dove Refresh+Care Unscented Dry Shampoo ($4), Dove Refresh+Care Volume & Fullness Dry Shampoo ($4) and Dove Style+Care Flexible Hold Hairspray ($4) to texturize the look further while building volume.
5. I finished by using a teasing comb to piece out the curls even more and add volume and texture to the ends of her hair.