Get The Look: Margot Robbie’s Playful Messy Bun At 2018 Critics’ Choice
Margot Robbie, hands down, had the best Thursday ever (!) after winning Best Actress for her role in I, Tonya at the 2018 Critics’ Choice Award.
Although it was a big night for the actress, we can’t help but want to steal her red carpet look. Accompanying her ~gorge~ Chanel dress was a classic yet playful, messy bun.
Here’s how you too can nab the do.
“The whole look was inspired by the fact that Margot was wearing Chanel and for hair and makeup we were trying to emulate a classic Chanel aesthetic,” said Celebrity Stylist, Bryce Scarlett for TRESemmé.
Check out the tips below:
- Step 1: Prep damp hair by coating hair with the TRESemmé Repair & Protect 7 Pre-Styling Spray to protect hair from damage caused by hot tools and styling.
- Step 2: Apply TRESemmé TRES Two Extra Hold Mousse to roots while hair is still damp to create lift and volume.
- Step 3: Blow dry hair rough with hands lifting hair at the roots and directing the air up to create a ton of volume and natural wave.
- Step 4: Once completely dry, scrunch the mid-lengths to the ends of hair with water to infuse moisture and regain some of that natural wave. Then diffuse entire head of hair to add more natural texture and wave until dry.
- Step 5: Spray the NEW TRESemmé Compressed Micro-Mist Hair Spray Hold Level 2: Smooth all over the head, tousling the hair and lifting from the roots to provide grittiness and texture without stiffness.
- Step 6: Pull the hair up into a ponytail slightly to the left side of the top of the head with an elastic letting some pieces fall out around the nape of the neck. Twist hair around to create a nice undone know and secure with bobby pins.
- Step 7: Tie a black velvet ribbon around the bun into a bow and pin into place.
- Step 8: Pull little wisps of hair out around the hair line for added detail and spray the NEW TRESemmé Compressed Micro-Mist Hair Spray Hold Level 2: Smooth all over to lock the look into place.
See, piece of cake!