14 Times Selena Quintanilla gushed about Chris Perez
We’re still in Selena Quintanilla mode following her 20th death anniversary this week. This time, we honor her wonderful love story with widower Chris Perez on what would’ve marked their 23rd wedding anniversary Thursday.
Both Selena and Chris married at a young age after eloping on April 2, 1992. Prior to their adventurous wedding, the couple secretly dated for eight months.
You see, Selena’s father and boss, Abraham Quintanilla, was against their relationship due to the fact that Perez formed part of the band. Though Mr. Quintanilla opposed at first, Chris won the hearts of everyone in the family and needless to say, Selena’s fans.
On this #ThrowbackThursday, we celebrate the undeniable love these two had. Here are 14 times the Queen of Tejano gushed about her amor, Chris Perez.
1) We have a lot of communication.
2) It’s important to be friends before you get married.
3) I was attracted to his shyness. I’m not as shy as he is.
4) Chris is not a jealous person, he’s very calm.
5) We’re opposite in some things.
6) He’s a great listener and a good friend.
7) I never thought I was going to marry a musician, let alone one from my band.
8) Things happened. We were friends, then we fell in love, and now we’re married.
9) It’s not a bad thing being married at 22.
10) I want to form a family and that’s why I got married, aside the fact that I’m in love.
11) I want to be ready to have children. I want to be the only one to take care of them, no one else.
12) It’s normal for us to fight, but we have great communication and it’s very important.
13) “I’d like to thank my husband, I love you. I just want to say ‘Happy pre-anniversary,’ok, I love you.” – At Tejano Music Awards
14) My husband is my best friend in the whole world.